Translate

Sunday 21 June 2015

The Flowers of Summer


The Flowers of Summer


 

Here, with my pictures are some terrific quotes I found online, on the site, http://www.quotegarden.com/flowers.html
 

 

My Garden in Flower


Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed. ~Walt Whitman

How can one help shivering with delight when one's hot fingers close around the stem of a live flower, cool from the shade and stiff with newborn vigor! ~Colette



 
 
 
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman



The poet's darling. ~William Wordsworth, "To the Daisy"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Cactus in Flower

 

 

 

 

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~Claude Monet
 
A flower's appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect. ~Terri Guillemets

The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days. ~Robert Leighton

Roadsides in Flower


 
Pluck not the wayside flower;
It is the traveler's dower.
~William Allingham

 
People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. ~Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat
 
 
 
 
 
Flowers are those little colorful beacons of the sun from which we get sunshine when dark, somber skies blanket our thoughts. Dodinski

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful pictures! I've always loved Greece for its simple and charming greens. Grassy fields with eyes of poppies have my heart. I'm thinking of moving there sooner or later, and luckily for me they have a speciel programme to get residence permit in Greece by investment https://tranio.com/greece/residence/ - it should help me make my dream come true!

    ReplyDelete