Translate

Sunday, 21 June 2015

The Flowers of Summer


The Flowers of Summer


 

Here, with my pictures are some terrific quotes I found online, on the site, http://www.quotegarden.com/flowers.html
 

 

My Garden in Flower


Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed. ~Walt Whitman

How can one help shivering with delight when one's hot fingers close around the stem of a live flower, cool from the shade and stiff with newborn vigor! ~Colette



 
 
 
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman



The poet's darling. ~William Wordsworth, "To the Daisy"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Cactus in Flower

 

 

 

 

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~Claude Monet
 
A flower's appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect. ~Terri Guillemets

The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days. ~Robert Leighton

Roadsides in Flower


 
Pluck not the wayside flower;
It is the traveler's dower.
~William Allingham

 
People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. ~Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat
 
 
 
 
 
Flowers are those little colorful beacons of the sun from which we get sunshine when dark, somber skies blanket our thoughts. Dodinski

No comments:

Post a Comment